Sunday, July 29, 2012

STAY CLOSE TO GOD




Welcome everyone to your 24/7 week-long online church service. Everyone is welcome in this place. For the past three years, we have said these words to you each week of every month. This week, we say it for the final time. We at the Spirit of Wisdom Ministries always knew this time would come but it doesn't make it any easier.

God has let us know in our spirit that the mission he gave us many years ago has been completed. That mission was to give forth the Word of God in truth and in Spirit. To make the gospel of Jesus Christ  available to everyone. The reason for that was very simple, my friends. God loves everyone. After all, you are his creation, you know!

One of our greatest themes has been that God desires you to stay close to him as he has been close to you. Psalms 91:1-2 gives us the instruction. So let's read it together.

"1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."
God's desire and our desire for you is to always be under the loving and protective shadow of the most high, which is the God above all gods, our Heavenly Father and his Son, Jesus Christ. But, to be truthful with you, I have said many times before, it is impossible to be under any one or any things shadow if you are not close enough to them to be under their shadow. So, one of our last words of advice to you is this: stay close to God.

I have often told my children the closer to God you are, the better your life will be and the farther you are away from God, the worse off your life will be. It's all a matter of choice, isn't it? Verse 2 of the scripture we just read tells you in no uncertain terms the words of life for you to proclaim. Remember, it said: I will say of the Lord. Notice it is free will in action here. He (meaning God) is my refuge and my fortress.

God, through and by his Son Jesus, is your safe port in the storms of life. God is your defense against all the evil that lurks on this earth. That verse goes on to say "my God." Can you say that, my friends? If you have received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of your life, you can honestly say, "my God!" But, if not, you cannot say that. It is just that simple, my friends.

You see, folks, this is what we have preached to you for three straight years. God loves you!! God sent his only begotten Son to this earth to die on a cross. The perfect sacrifice, not for his sins, no because he had none. But to redeem you from your sins. Jesus taught us about love for our fellow man, didn't he? He brought us healing by the stripes on his back. He showed us we have power over the devil and his demonic spirits. He showed us we can walk in victory on this earth, no matter what situation we find ourselves in. This, my friends, is the God we preach about.

Many of you have been with us from the beginning. We are so honored that God has allowed us to minister to each of you. Whether you started with us or recently came aboard. Just know this, God will never leave you nor forsake you.

As we close this online church, we must tell you this: God will always put men and women of faith into your lives. The Holy Spirit will always be your comforter and if you choose wisely as our very first message pointed out, Jesus will always be your Lord and Savior.

Now, it is a time for thanks giving. First, I must thank God, my heavenly Father, for allowing me the honor of preaching and teaching his Word to you. You are truly my spiritual family and I love you. I must thank Jesus Christ for saving my soul and changing my life all for the good. I must thank, our computer technician, Justin Rocque for the giving of himself and his skills. Justin gave of his time and effort every week and I am thankful for him. I pray for Justin daily just as I do for you.

I could not have done this without the support and effort of my wife, Vicki. She is my sounding board. She types the messages but, most of all, she is the love of my life. I am so very thankful to God for blessing me with a wonderful wife and help mate.

The online church ends this day but the Spirit of Wisdom Ministries continues. We are seeking direction from God. As a ministry, we are still available to you for prayer requests. our email address will not change. And the website will still be up. After a traveling vacation, you will hear from us again as we learn what direction we are to follow. Just know this, my friends: Brother Bob will always love and pray for you!

In the future, we may present messages or videos that will encourage you. Until then...

God Bless you,

Brother Bob 



1 comment:

  1. dear brother bob I will have to say these last 4 and a half years going on have been some of the the most interesting days I've ever had in my life you have been able to do what others have not been able to do for me the words from the bible, thank you very much for helping me in time of need. god bless you for all that you have done for me I greatly appreciate it and I have not let you down nor will I ever the lord put you on my path and you for help me out so much god bless u I don't know wherei be if you have not come in my life at a time, but thank you for being there when no 1 else would the lord put you in the right place at the right time in a save my life words can't describe how grateful I am and I thought I would just let you know I am very grateful your friend in security

    ReplyDelete