Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dead Men Walking

Welcome to your online church service for this week. Everyone is welcome in this church. I emphasize everyone!!!

When Jesus died on that cross and rose again from the dead so that men could be saved and have eternal life with Him, it was without condition. Race, gender, poor, rich, sinner, and non-believer; Jesus paid the price for us all.

All that He asks of us is to accept his gift of salvation by believing on Him. By accepting His Son, Jesus into our hearts and lives, Gods desires will become our desires and life will take on a new and glorious meaning.

Refer once again to John 3:16 in your Bible.

"For God so loved the world He gave his only begotten Son that whosover beleiveth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

You get it?? God loves us and guess what? All He wants is for us to know Him, through His Son, Jesus, and to return that love back to Him. Please understand, you don't have to, but why wouldn't you?

WOW, that was not the way I was going to start today, but God definitely wants to reach someone through this week-long church service.......... is it you???

I do want to thank you for the great response to our online church. Thanks for praying for Vanessa. Let's believe together for a healing touch from God. We pray the brain tumor will shrink and dissipate completely......... Amen! Thank you Lord!!

NOW!! A point of clarification. Last week, I began the service by sharing that "Sometimes I have to ask God what exactly He wants me to share with you." My good and trusted friend, Pastor Harold Hamlin, in MI, and my wife Vicki, both pointed out, correctly I might add, we should always seek God before putting forth His Word, lest it be us sharing out of our "flesh" and not the Word of God. I agree with them. I should have been more clear in the point I was trying to make. I should have pointed out, there are times when you know exactly what God wants you to say. There are also times when you know God has something for you to share, but for whatever reason, you aren't exactly sure how to express it, or even what it really means. Therefore, you ask God for specifics and to help your understanding.

My desire is to always speak to you in truth and Spirit. That way, only "Words of Life" will be preached in this place.

Let the service begin!

Please turn in your Bibles (yes, you should have your Bibles with you!) to Mathew 22:31, 32.

"(v31) But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying (v32) I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living."

I am so glad the Lord, by His Spirit, has just dropped the scripture that needs to be brought out here so the contrast between being alive spiritually and dead spiritually, that I am presenting, can be understood. Please turn with me to 2nd Cor. 5:14. Paul is talking to the believers at Corinth and made this statement:

"For the love of Christ constraineth us: because we thus judge that if one died for all, then were all dead."


The truth is, we were all dead spiritually after the fall of Adam and Eve but thank God He sent his Son to redeem us.
Please turn to Ephesians 2:1-6. Paul was talking to the believers at Ephesus (by letter).

"(v1) And you have he quickened who were dead in trespasses and sins; (v2) wherein in time past ye walked, according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience. (v3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lust of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh, and of the mind; and were by nature, the children of wrath, even as others. (v4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love where-with He loved us. (v5) Even when we were dead in sins, has quickened us together with Christ, (by grace are ye saved;) (v6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus."

Do you see the contrast? ..... God is not the God of the dead but of the living, those that have accepted Christ as illustrated above.

Believers, this puts a high urgency of responsibility on us. We must understand we are walking among the living dead (Spiritually speaking
). All around us, we see persons of high esteem and low esteem. Doctors, Lawyers, Actors, Engineers, TV Anchor Persons,
men and women that are attractive in our eyes. Husbands, Wives, Children, all races and cultures and faiths, and they are dead Spiritually. I told you!! We are walking among the living dead.

There was a movie titled, "Dead Men Walking." A true story of a man on death row. When they were walking to the gas chamber, the guards would shout out, "dead man walking." All around us today, there are, "dead men and women walking," (Spiritually). We may be their last hope. God has commissioned us to be His witnesses on the Earth. How many of us remember the witness that led us to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, and brought us out of death unto the light? I remember a young hippie that got converted back in the "70's" that would not let me go. God put me on this young man's heart and mind and when I wouldn't listen to him talk to me about God anymore, he gave me a New Testament Bible. That gift was a part of my, eventually, coming to Christ. I remember a young lady telling me she didn't care what was in my Scientology book. It meant nothing!!! There were many others that told me the story of redemption. I was a dead man walking but because of their being faithful, I am now alive in Christ and sharing with you.

Listen to the Spirit of God and tell others the story of your redemption. Be a witness to those that are lost. Folks, we have to take off our judgmental hats and put on the hat of compassion, mercy, and love, that Christ has shown us.

All I am asking believers, is for you to give everyone the same chance you had. Someone told you about Jesus, someone witnessed to you how to come alive Spiritually in Jesus. Return the favor, my friends! Today is the day of salvation. Tell somebody about Jesus. Be the witness you are meant to be and pay it forward, my friends. Pay it forward!


God bless you,

Bro. Bob

_____________________________________________________

Before we conclude the service, I must ask if anyone feels the tug of the Holy Spirit, to give your life to God, through His son Jesus. If so, please confess aloud with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord and you shall be saved. Just say and mean in your heart, "Father I come to you in the name of your Son, Jesus. I ask you to forgive my sins and I give my heart and life to you. I confess and believe in my heart that Jesus is my Lord and saviour. I accept you, Jesus with all thanks giving." (Refer to Romans 10:9)

_____________________________________________________

Brother Bob is glad to receive any prayer requests, praise reports, or any comments you want to make, at Brotherbob@thespiritofwisdom.org. You're feedback is greatly appreciated!

Check in daily for any updates, prayer requests, and/or announcements.




No comments:

Post a Comment