Sunday, June 24, 2012

PEACE & JOY




This week, we are going to start our online church service with some good advice. Please, turn with me to Proverbs 3:5-6. Let's read it together:

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

I told you this would be good advice. Well, was I right? Let me welcome everyone to your 24/7 week-long online church service. Always remember, every one is welcome in this place.

My friends, God's desire is for you to live in victory and peace during your lifetime. Even in difficult and bad situations, God wants you to have peace and joy. So, Brother Bob, how can we have joy and peace in our lives when so many things are going wrong? The answer was just given to you in the above scripture. Trust in the Lord with all your heart. That is the first step to peace and joy.

Ladies and gentlemen, the above scripture is speaking to believers. It is impossible to trust in God with all your heart if you don't even believe in him. The scripture goes on to say, acknowledge God and he will direct your ways. Listen to me, church, if God is directing your way, there is no possibility of defeat in your lives. Will things come against you? Could bad things such as sickness, job losses, lack of money, strained relationships, and so on, come against you? The answer is, yes, but God says he will direct your way and his direction will always lead you right past defeat and straight to victory.

That is this ministries desire for you, church. Victory in Jesus right here on the earth. Let's continue with Proverbs 3:7-8. And this is what it says:

"Be not wise in thine own eyes: Fear the Lord, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones."

This is great advice, my friends, and it doesn't come from me. It comes directly from the Word of God and it is directed straight to you and me. Do you see what God is saying to us, folks? Trust in him. Acknowledge him in all your ways. Do not trust or follow your own or men's wisdom but follow the wisdom of God which is found in the instruction book of life which is, of course, the Bible. Finally, the scripture hits the nail on the head. It says, "depart from evil."

Now listen to me, church, I understand I am preaching mainly to Christian believers. Some of you may be offended to have me say to you, "depart from evil." But if you reread or listen again to this message, you will see that I did not say this to you! God did!! The truth is, many believers today are dabbling in the very sin you have been set free from. My friends, please stop doing that right now. God says, "depart from evil" and he will reward you with all good things. Health to thy navel and marrow to thy bones. In other words, health to you body.

Sin is a destroyer of all good things you have, my friends. Depart from it and watch things turn around for you in so many good ways. I am excited for you, church. Good things are ahead for you. I am pointing out the benefits of following and trusting God. We at the Spirit of Wisdom Ministries know that the way to true peace and joy comes from only one source, the Lord Jesus Christ.

My friends, the biggest expression of love from God to us was allowing his son, Jesus, to come to this earth to preach, teach, and heal and then to actually die on a cross just to redeem you and me from sin. Our 24/7 online church has always strived to teach you the ways of God. We have approached you in many different ways to introduce you to the one way of salvation and that is Jesus Christ.

Our mission is not only to see people be saved through Jesus Christ but it is also to see you live and enjoy the peace and joy that God provides to you every day of your life. We understand how all the complications of life can be used by Satan to try and steal your joy in Christ and living.

In the first scriptuire given to you in this message, the key words were "trust in the Lord." Ladies and gentlemen, the Lord Jesus Christ is your joy and peace. Take your eyes off your present situation, whatever it may be, and return your focus to loving God and receiving his love and peace.

Jesus pointed out to you so many times in his Word how much he loves you. Even as he was getting ready to leave this world by way of the cross, he had words of encouragement to us. Look at John 14:27. Jesus is talking here:

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

You see, church, Jesus knows the difficult things and the difficult times we have to endure on this earth. Let his words encourage you, my friends. Jesus is telling us clearly here, the peace the world philosophers and leaders promise us is a false peace. He says the peace he gives us is an enduring peace that is available to you in every situation of life. Once again, take your eyes off your circumstances of life and draw on the peace of God. He left his peace here just for you.

This message is focused on three things, church: trust in God, the peace of God, and the joy of living that only God will provide for you. In the book of John, chapter 15, Jesus tells us, if we truly follow him, he will provide his joy to us. What joy is that? The joy of life. The joy of your wife or husband. The joy of your children and grand children. But, most of all, the joy of knowing you are a child of God. I suggest you read the fifteenth chapter of John for yourselves. In John 15:9-11, Jesus once again speaks to us. Let's see what he has to say:

"As the father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If you keep my commandment, you shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my fathers commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."

The commandment Jesus is talking about is stated in the very next verse, John 15:12. This is what it says:

"This is my commandment, that you love one another, as I have loved you."

There it is, my friends. We must share the love that God has given us with others. Always trust in God and what Jesus did for us on the cross. Jesus said he desires his joy to remain in us and that our joy be full. That is also our desire for you. May you always trust in God and may God's peace and joy always remain in you.

God Bless You,

Brother Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment