Sunday, February 12, 2012

SEEK THE LORD






For the past two and a half years the Spirit of Wisdom Ministries mission has been to bring each of you closer to God and his son, Jesus Christ.  My daily prayer is that everyone who reads or listens to our weekly messages would be drawn to the Son of God In a saving way.   Along with salvation, would come healing of your body and mind and deliverance from evil spirits sent to destroy you and yours.  Welcome everyone to your 24/7, week long, online church service.  No one is excluded from this place.

One thing I can tell you for sure, ladies and gentlemen, God is not now nor will he ever force himself upon you.  The choice to know God in a personal way is by your own free will.  God wants and desires you to have eternal life with him.  However, he leaves it strictly up to you.  Even believers once saved have a choice in how close they want to become with God.  That being said, we can conclude this message is for believers and nonbelievers alike.  Let’s take a look at choice and what God desires for us.  In the Book of Deuteronomy God lays it all out for us.  Please turn with me to Deuteronomy 30:19.  This is what God is saying to us all.

“I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing:  Therefore, choose life that thou and thy seed may live.”
Well, there you go, folks.  Notice God did not say “I force you to choose life.”  The very suggestion is if you choose life and blessing it would be very good, not only for you but for your children and grandchildren as well.  God is saying here that he in all his goodness, mercy and love sets before you options.   The important thing is he leaves it up to you to freely make your choice. 

The first option or choice is this:   You may choose eternal life with him by receiving his son, Jesus Christ into your heart, or you may choose eternal death and separation from God by rejecting his son and the gift of salvation he acquired for you by his death, burial and resurrection.  Yes, church, Jesus did all of that just for you and for me.  This scripture goes on to tell us our choice of life brings blessings.  But, our choice of death brings  cursing.  Now, how much does God love us?  He loves us so much he gives us the correct answers to these options.  He says clearly here – choose life so that you and your children will have eternal life with him.

The point I am making here is this:  All through the Word of God, which is the Bible, there are instructions for our benefit, but we will only benefit from these instructions if we choose to follow them.  I have titled this message “Seek The Lord” for a reason, church.  Our often stated desire is for you to draw closer to God this day.

I have often told you that God is a present time God, yet so many church goers do not seem to know or understand this fact (an understandable position for nonbelievers to have.)  But certainly not from believers who have been redeemed from sin.  I have to admit part of the blame goes to churches who preach and teach that God and Jesus are just historical figures that we could imitate.  I am here to tell you this, church, that teaching is false doctrine.  My advice to you as a man of God is this:  Seek God in every area of your life and you will find he is just as available to you today as he was with the saints in the Old Testament.   Let’s turn to the Word of God for confirmation of this statement. Deuteronomy 4:29 states:

“But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.”
The very clear message here is this:  If you sincerely seek God he will show himself to you.  That does not sound like history to me, my friends.  No, it sounds more like God saying “Seek me and you will find me.”  When?  When you seek him, even if that is today.  Your Heavenly Father is clearly available to you this very day.  I would suggest you go on and read Verse 30 also.  God tells us there, no matter what you are going through, no matter what the situation, if you seek him he is here to help you.  Go ahead, read if for yourself. 

You know, church, one of the greatest things that God has shown me is that he is available to me at all times.  He has saved me from my sins, and even today he is available to save me out of every situation or obstacle I find myself bogged down in.  But, one thing I have found out – very rarely does God intrude himself into my life.  However, I can’t even count the number of times I have called on him and know that he has heard me and answered my prayers.  Psalms 55:16-17 sums up the way I feel about it.  It states:

“As for me, I will call upon God; and the Lord shall save me.  Evening and morning, and at noon will I pray and cry aloud: And he shall hear my voice.”
I told you last week God loves the sound of your voice.  Even when I pray and cry aloud to God on your behalf he hears me.  I do that, you know.   I pray for your salvation.  I pray for God to heal your bodies, and I pray that you be delivered of every attack against you.  In other words, church, I follow the same advice I am giving you:  I seek the Lord.  That is the way you will find out for yourself that God is a present time God.

Listen to me, church, I know there are times when we look at our lives in the natural and just cannot believe God is there to help us.  But, that is a lie straight from the lips of Satan to your natural ear.  That is when we can choose to believe and exercise our faith in God’s goodness to us.  We have talked about making choices in this very message, haven’t we?  Let’s make the right choice.   Let’s show God we have faith in him and desire to please him.  Hebrews 11:6 gives us some interesting information in this regard.  So let’s read it together

“But without faith, it is impossible to please him:  For he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”
So the question is this:  Do you want to know for sure that God is a present time God or not?  If you choose to find out, have faith.  Believe that God is, and that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.  He will reward you by clearly revealing himself to you.  Now what better reward is there than that?  So once again my advice to you is this:  Seek the Lord, my friends and then claim your reward.


God Bless You,
Bro. Bob

1 comment:

  1. thank you very much brother bob everything that you do very much closer to him and thank you for helping us keep on the right path god bless you brother bob thank you very much for everything that you do, sincerely your friend in security

    ReplyDelete