Sunday, September 26, 2010

LEAN ON ME





Welcome everyone to your 24/7, week long, online church service. No one is excluded from this place. Let's start out this week by praising God for his goodness and mercy that endures forever. Each morning, when I wake up, I always say “Thank you, Lord, for this day of life. Thank you, Father, for your son, Jesus Christ. He has saved my soul and I am thankful for salvation. I will walk in all the benefits of that salvation and I will be accountable at the end of the day.”

Praising God is something we can do anytime we choose to. We can praise God in good times or bad times. Regardless of our situation in life, we can thank God for his mercy and grace. I have often pointed out, everything we do in life is a choice, isn't it? I remember telling my youngest daughter, Lyle, it is not what happens to you in life that matters, it is the way you respond to it. There are only two ways to respond, my friends. There is the response from man's point of view or the response from God's point of view. You want victory in your life? I would suggest taking God's point of view. But, once again, that is your choice, isn't it?

I understand the stress and mental discomfort many are going through at this time. The economy has taken a toll on almost everyone, one way or another, hasn't it? Do you understand that people (probably some that you know) are losing their jobs? Many are losing their health insurance that provides health care for their families. Many corporations are taking advantage of the slow economy even though their bottom line is healthy. How are they doing this, Bro. Bob? They are forcing employees to take major pay reductions. They are reducing health care benefits while increasing the cost. And they are then working their employees that are left seven days a week instead of hiring new employees. This is not something made up, my friends. This actually is happening to one of my children as we speak.

We have seen friends, neighbors and others in our communities losing their homes to foreclosure. I could go on, but I believe you get the point. These are anxious times, aren't they? The truth is, anxiety may be at an all time high. It is more important than ever to trust God. This is not the time to turn away from God. It is time to turn to God. Why? Because we need his help.

I was thinking the other day about how when my children were small. We would come to a busy highway. Cars and trucks zooming by us at high speed. We could sense the anxiety in our children. But guess what? My wife and I would take their small, precious hands in ours and we would lead them across that busy and dangerous highway. As the children held our hands and walked with us, their anxiety left and you could tell they felt safe. They knew we were there to help them and to keep them safe. That, my friends, is what God will do for us if we will just get close and put our hands in his. Turn with me to Isaiah 41:13:

“For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee Fear not; I will help thee.”

I believe one of the things that makes things worse, even for us believers, is that we do not realize God is a present time God. He desires to help us today. The truth is, this message is mostly designed to reach believers. God is your Father. You are his child. Please, let him take you by your hand and lead you to safety. Fear not. God says he will help you. Do you believe him?

I understand how bad things look. I understand how it feels. It actually is a burden too heavy to carry, isn't it? You may feel ashamed to admit it, so I will say it for you. Yes!! Your burden is too heavy. But, what can you do about it? In Matthew 11:28-29 Jesus tells us what to do.

“Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and lean on me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: And ye shall find rest unto your souls.”

Lay the burdens down, my friends. You cannot sustain them by yourselves. Jesus is saying here what you need is rest. Jesus says “Lean on me.” Remember I said God is a present time God? Your mind, your body and your spirit need a rest, don't they? Think of your soul as a battery in a car. There are times when your car battery needs charging. In like manner, there are times your soul needs to be charged. The question is, how do you charge your soul? By leaning on Jesus and allowing him to give your soul some rest. God said he would never leave you or forsake you. That very simply means, God is with you today and forever.

Where do I get this advice for you? Only one place. The Word of God (the Bible). The answers are there, Church. If I can find them, you can also. I am asking our online church family to join together this week. Pray Church, like you have never prayed before. Pray for each other. Pray that each of our needs may be met. Pray for good jobs with good pay and good benefits for those who are now jobless or under-employed. Pray for financial blessings for those who are losing their homes. Pray that they can retain their homes or even find a better place to live. Pray for healing for those who are sick in body or mind, that they may be restored to good health. Pray for each other, that all our needs will be met. Let's join hands together and allow God to take us by our right hands. That's how we can come out of this victoriously. Let's end up as Habakkuk says. Habakkuk 3:17-19:

“Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labor of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength and he will make my feet like hinds feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.”

In other words folks, when everything that can go wrong, goes wrong, lean on God. Rejoice in the Lord. Know that God is your strength. He will cause you to come out on top of all of this mess. The victory will be like music to your ears. We at the Spirit of Wisdom Ministries will rejoice with you as this happens.

God Bless You,
Bro. Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment