Sunday, February 7, 2010

GOD LOVES YOU THE BEST


Just a reminder, to use our new audio feature, click on the "play" button above. This makes it possible to listen to the message as well as read it.

What a great response we had to the addition of audio to our online church service. God is blessing this ministry with new ideas and the know-how to reach more and more people for Jesus. Welcome everyone, and you know by now we emphasize “everyone,” to your week long online church service.

This ministry is here for one reason and one reason only; to point all who enter in to the Savior of the world, Jesus Christ. No matter what direction we start in, we always end up returning to our mission of presenting Jesus Christ to a lost and dying world. To the unbeliever, or those in doubt, we present the love, mercy and grace of God and encourage you to come to Jesus, the only begotten son of God. Why? Because God loves you and because He has given us a special love for you also. God does not want you to perish and be separated from Him forever. No, my unbelieving friends, God wants to promote you from just being a creation of His to being a son or daughter who will live with Him forever. How can I say that?

Please turn with me to John 3:16. This is one of the best known scriptures in the Bible and also it's one of the scriptures taken most lightly. That should not be the case, but I'm afraid it is so. Okay, have you found John 3:16 yet? Let's read it together:

“For God so loved the world, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

So, who is saying this? Bro. Bob? Some well known TV preacher? One of the two hundred and fifty seminaries in America? A Baptist? A Pentecostal? A Methodist? No, my friends, Jesus himself said this to Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews during the time of Jesus' life on the earth. Let's continue with the words to Nicodemus, which are the same words for us today. John 3:17-18.

“For God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: But he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten son of God.”

Unbelievers, let me leave you for a minute to talk with the believers. Take note, my believing friends. We as believers are to do as Jesus did. We are not here to condemn or judge our fellow man or women, but to help them by pointing them to Jesus. You cannot preach love, mercy and grace yet show hatred, contempt and judgment.

Do you understand now, my unbelieving friends? God, the creator of all, sent His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to die on an old rugged cross, to take thirty-nine stripes on His back for your healing of mind, body and spirit. He was spit on, pierced in His side with a Roman soldier's sword, given vinegar to drink while thirsty. All this, He did for you, my friends. He took all of the sins of the world, past, future and present on Himself, substituting Himself for you and me. He died and was buried for three days. But then, He arose from the dead and ascended to heaven. He sprinkled His blood on the mercy seat and God accepted His sacrifice as the only perfect sacrifice. He made a way for us to be saved from our own sin and to have eternal life, never to be separated from God again by sin or anything else.

Oh yes, unsaved ones! Jesus did all of this just for you. Salvation is a free gift from God for you, but it took Jesus to pay the price for it. Don't you think it is time to give it up? Aren't you tired of the direction you are going in? I feel the emptiness in you, so you must be overwhelmed with it. Come to Jesus now. Let God embrace you and welcome you home. I am waiting to hear from you. E-mail me today. Let me know if you are ready to accept Jesus into your heart. I will definitely get back to you and I will help you to ask Jesus into your life. Our e-mail address is BrotherBob@TheSpiritofWisdom.org; or just do this! Right now say “Lord Jesus, I am sorry for my sins. Please forgive and cleanse me. I repent and turn away from sin. I believe in my heart that Jesus arose from the dead and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my savior and I make Him Lord of my life. Amen.” Now, call someone and tell them the good news - also, e-mail me right away so I can rejoice with you!

Now, let's turn our attention to the believers who are worshiping with us today. Last week, we talked about renewing our minds to the Word of God, didn't we? What does the renewing of the mind do for you? Very simply, it helps you to enjoy the fruit of your salvation through Jesus Christ. There is no doubt that when you truly accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, an instant change takes place. However, sometimes old habits are hard to break, aren't they? The first part of change is being willing to change. That is why the renewing of your mind is so important. The Apostle Paul talks about the “old man,” you know, the old you, before conversion; riddled with sin and thoughts that were not of God. He also talked about “the new man,” you know, the new you, following conversion. What does Paul say to help you change your old ways and thoughts, which was something you could not do before accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior of your life?

Let's take a look and see what he has to say. Please turn to Ephesians 4:22-25.

"That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lust; “And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; (Paul wouldn't have said to do this if it was impossible to do) And that you put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor: For we are members one of another.”

There are three basic instructions for believers here. First, renew your mind. Second, put on the new man. Yes, that's right. You have to consciously, on-purpose decide to put on the new man you have become. Third, put away lying!! Both to others and yourself. The difficulty is not in doing these things, but in making the decision. We want you to have a victorious, joyful life in Christ, my friends. That is the reason we are bringing these things out to you. Now, let's continue in the Word of God, Ephesians 4:26-27.

“Be ye angry, and sin not: Let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil.”

You see, my friends, there is a scripture that says work our your own salvation. How do you do that, you might ask? Well, that is what renewing your mind to the Word of God is all about. Please turn to Philippians 2:12.

“Wherefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”

Listen to me!! I know I have put a lot on you today, but in fact all I have pointed out to you is how to live a successful, joyful life. Believe on Jesus!! Renew your mind by reading the Bible. Decide to do what the Word of God says and then do it!! Not quite as hard as it all sounded, is it?

I love all who enter into this place and even better than that, God loves you!! He would not ask me to share these things with you if He didn't love you. Let's be the believers we really want to be. We are over comers in Christ, so let's begin to act like it. This message is not just for new believers, but for everyone: Unbelievers, new believers, old believers. You can have everything God wants you to have. Accept Jesus into your heart and truly believe in Him. He really does love you the best!!

God Bless You,
Bro. Bob

4 comments:

  1. Bro Bobby Flay!

    Great service! I definitely liked the audio, it makes the message more personal. Keep up the good work!

    -Manny

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks you brother bob this really helped god bless you brother bob your friend Julian the audio's helped i liked it a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This Ministry is such a blessing! I was finally able 2 check it out. I hope 2 visit more often as time allows!


    ~Sis. Lisa Kinchen (Antioch)

    ReplyDelete