Sunday, January 17, 2010

Home is Where Your Heart is

We have exciting news for you this week. We have a guest minister of the Gospel to share with you what God has laid on his heart. We know you will be well taught and inspired. Pastor David Dobbins is an associate pastor at a full Gospel church in New Jersey. He is a graduate of Rhema Bible Training Center in Broken Arrow, Ok. Most importantly, he is filled with the spirit of God and a true servant of the Heavenly Father.

Before we present Pastor David, let me welcome you to your 24/7 week-long online church service. Everyone is welcome to this place. Now, let me present Pastor David.

Preach the Word, Pastor Dave!!

Home is where your heart is!

It’s a privilege to be with you today. I believe that God has something for each one of you. I would like you to grab your Bible, a cup of Joe or what ever you might like to drink and let’s fellowship together with God and His word.

I know you are reading this but look (read) in your Bible. Mark it, underline it, and remember where you found it. This is just a little part of the Sermon on the Mount as Jesus covers so much of the kind of life we are to live.

Matt 6:19-21 (KJV)

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

The two topics before this section of chapter six are important. First Jesus is giving instruction on how to pray. Do you remember what Bro. Bob talked about three weeks ago???? Pray Hard! Without prayer there is no true fellowship with God, there is no power to make it through life’s test and challenges.

Next Jesus talks about Fasting. Fasting doesn’t change God, it changes you. It focuses you on God and His Word.

Notice back in the scripture we read in Matthew 6:21. It say’s where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” Where is your HEART? What do you TREASURE most? I can’t tell you how many people over the years have told me that God has blessed them with extra hours or a new job that keeps them from coming to church, too busy to read their Bible and pray. I can hear some people say, “Church doesn’t save anyone”, “Christians are just a bunch of hypocrites.” Yes, Jesus is the only way to receive your salvation. Yes Church is full of imperfect people. But isn’t that the point! A place where imperfect people can encourage each other to not quit or give up?

1 Peter 4:7-10 (KJV) says,..

7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer. 8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. 9 Use hospitality one to another without grudging. 10 As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

God’s home is within us, we are the Body of Christ and a body needs to be together. We each have a gift that other people need. I can’t imagine my hand saying “I don’t want to be attached to my arm anymore.” Many times we let other things come between us and God such as people, sports, jobs, relationships, television, radio, and internet. We fill our hearts with all these different things. When this happens we begin to fall apart and get easily offended. This exposes the true treasure of our hearts. I know that many want to go to heaven but let’s look at someone who wanted eternal life but had a problem with what was requested from Jesus.

Matt 19:16-22 (KJV)

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

I think a better translation would have said in verse 22 for the great possessions HAD him.

What do you think Jesus is asking of you right now? Where is your home? Are you home with every thing else but feel like a stranger in God’s presence? I am excited that you have a place to come receive the Word right in your own home through this ministry. But don’t forget that you have a gift that God wants to develop in you that others need. Spend time with God in His Word and in prayer. All you have to do is just begin talking with God because he is listening.

Ps 107:6 Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them out of their distresses.

Ps 107:13 Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them out of their distresses.

Ps 107:19 Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saveth them out of their distresses.

Maybe you don’t know where to begin. Just say… “Jesus thank you for loving me even when I wasn’t near. Thank you for helping me even when I wasn’t paying attention. Forgive me of being far from home. Help me to seek you first! Forgive me of my sins. I commit, focus, and treasure you. I want to be used by you. Lead me to people who need what you have given me. Thank you for showing me where to assemble with other believers. In Jesus name, AMEN.”

I bet you feel lighter, like a weight has been lifted. That’s the love of the Father to us who believe. As you begin the week take time to remind yourself when you begin to get upset, feel alone and depressed. That God is with you. We are praying for you. God bless you and thank you for taking the time to read what God had in store for you today.

In Him,

Pastor David

Thank you, Pastor David. It has been an honor to have you be the first guest minister to share the Word of God with our online church family. Your mother and I are very proud of you and your decision to serve God. Yes, my friends, pastor David is our son. But even more important than that, he is a son of the living God.

God Bless you,

Bro. Bob


Attention: Urgent Prayer Request!

Mrs. Leslie Ravelo... anemia causing low blood count. A very serious condition requiring surgery this week. Please pray very hard and with purpose for a quick recovery. Also, pray for the peace of God that passes all understanding for Mrs. Ravelo and her family. Mrs. Ravelo, we speak healing in your body and peace in your mind and spirit. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

Please pray for Josephine (Aunt sis) Fleming. She has a broken hip in four places. Please pray for a complete healing and a very quick recovery. Also pray that all pain leave her body immediately.


2 comments:

  1. You never know what God will do when you beleive and trust in Him with all your heart, mind, soul, spirit and body. When Sandi and I obeyed God and started driving that old 66 passenger bus for 15 Mile Church back in the mid 70's, we had no idea that some day some of those precious kids, that were part of our bus route, would be preaching the Gospel all over the world. Furthermore that their parents would likewise be preaching and reaching the multitudes of lost souls around the world via the internet.
    We stand in awe of His Magisty.
    Bro.Bob, Sis.Vicky, Pastor David - God has truley blessed you and your families.
    We love you,
    Ron & Sandi Reeves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great message Bro Bobby

    Thanks for the prayer request for my mom too, it really means a lot to me. I'm sorry I didn't write this sooner, I've been stuck in bed with the flu for the past few days.

    -Manny

    ReplyDelete