Sunday, September 4, 2011

MY HEART IS FIXED, O GOD





As we enter into the first week of a new month, let us give thanks to our God in heaven for all he has done for us.  You know church, God really is good and his mercy really does endure forever.  Let us return unto God the love he gives us daily.  Let us start each day with thanksgiving and praise for another day of life and salvation.  We can set the direction for this week on the right path as we seek his guidance.  Sounds like a good plan, doesn’t it?

Let me welcome everyone to your 24/7, week long, online church service.  Everyone is surely welcome in this place.  You know, we talked last week about you spreading the gospel by word and example.  After all, we are the children of God, aren’t we?  All children love to brag on their daddy, right?  How about we tell others about all the good things God has done for us.  He shows us love and gives us an inheritance which includes eternal life with him and his only begotten son, Jesus Christ.  As we read the Bible, the Holy Spirit lays it all out for us.  Let’s check it out.  What is God saying about you?  Turn with me to Romans 8:14-15.  Ready?  Here goes:

“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.  For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the spirit of adoption whereby we cry, Abba Father.”
I believe that is pretty clear, don’t you?  We have often told you how God made a way for you to enter in and become a legitimate member of God’s family.  The moment you receive Jesus into your heart and proclaimed him as Savior and Lord of your life, you were accepted as a true adopted child with all the benefits of being a family member.  Now, for those of you who have not received Jesus, do not think this message is not for you.  Everything our saved church members have can also be yours.  God loves you just as he does those who believe on him.  Your invitation to receive Jesus is always available to you.

Is it possible you feel the urging of the Holy Spirit tugging at your heart this instant?   It’s okay, my friend.  Listen to me, church.  Pray for the lost.  There are those whose time of salvation is right now.  Let me interrupt this message.  Jesus in John 3:16-17 said:

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  For God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”
There is someone reading or listening to this message.  God has just spoken to you.  I know this by foreknowledge that God has given me.  This is your day.  Don’t worry about how your life has been.  Don’t worry about the bad thoughts or things you have done.  In a moment, all these transgressions will be forgiven and washed away.  This message to the church has just been set aside just for you. 

All right, my friend.  Pray with me.  Pray with a sincere heart.  Jesus, I come to you.  I need you in my life.  I am a sinner, but I want your forgiveness.  Cleanse me Lord.  I desire to receive you, Jesus, into my heart.  I repent from all my sin.  I believe God raised you from the dead and I confess you as my Savior and I make you my Lord.  Guide me Father, in your ways.  I now turn my life over to you.  Thank you, Jesus, I am now born again in the Spirit.  Praise God, my friend.  If you said the above prayer and meant it, you are now a child of the living God. 

Our saved church members are now your brothers and sisters in Christ.  God is now your, and let me emphasize, YOUR heavenly Father.  Jesus is your friend.  But even more than that, he is your elder brother.  Rejoice, church.  It is true that people through your prayers and this ministry are coming to God.  Now, my newly saved friend, e-mail me today at BrotherBob@TheSpiritofWisdom.org and tell me of your life changing decision.

Well folks, when the Spirit of God moves, we move with it, right?  My prepared message meant nothing compared to the moving of the Holy Spirit.  Okay.  One thing I want to mention though.  Back in Romans 8:15, we read that we have received the spirit of adoption.  It goes on to say we can call on our Abba, Father.  Going back to the early translations, that would read “Daddy, Father.”  How beautiful is that, my friends.  Whatever our need or problem, we can cry out Daddy, Father help me.  I don’t know church, that sort of thrills me.  How about you?

There are things we can do to help our walk with Jesus.  The instruction Book of Life, which you now know is the Bible,  shows us the way.  I Peter 2:1 talks to us and states:

“Wherefore  laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings.”
These are things we must do.  But, all these things can only be laid aside as we place all of our faith in the sacrifice that Jesus became on that cross.  It is important to know and to remember once you receive Jesus, forgiveness and salvation is instant.  But the putting away of things like malice, hypocrisies, jealousies and evil speakings such as gossip or profanity may be instant or will come about as you renew your mind to the Word of God.  Stay dedicated and study the Bible.  The Holy Spirit will help you rid yourselves from all these negative and sinful things. 

The more we put our faith in Jesus Christ the easier it is to rid ourselves of all obstacles and obstructions of life on this earth.  Do not mistake human flaws with hypocrisy my friends.  Remember, we all fail at times.  The important thing is to get back on track.  Ask and receive your forgiveness and keep on walking with Jesus.  God looks at our willingness to serve him.  Psalms 57:7 states:

“My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed:  I will sing and give praise.”
That’s sort of what we are talking about, isn’t it?  Let’s keep our heart fixed on Jesus.  As we do that, singing and praising God will just come naturally. 

God Bless You,
Bro. Bob

Updated Prayer Request: Please pray for Inez Rogers. Inez fell and had a severe hip injury that required surgery. Please pray for her quick recovery and healing. Inez is a very good neighbor of ours. Please agree with us that she will be home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment