Sunday, August 15, 2010

LET THE REDEEMED SAY SO





As we begin a new week let's do it with praise and thanksgiving for all that God has done for us. I especially like Psalms 107:1-2:

“Oh give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good: For his mercy endureth forever. Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy.”
Welcome everyone to your 24/7, week long, online church service. As you read or listen to this week's message, I will be in Michigan. It is hard to believe, but fifty years have gone by since I graduated from high school. I am looking forward to seeing old friends, and who knows, as the Lord leads, perhaps I can share the Words of Life with family and friends.

Psalms 107 as read above, gives great instructions for us as believers, doesn't it? You know, every morning when I wake up, the first thing I think and say is “Thank you Lord for this day. Thank you for another day of salvation. I will walk in that salvation. I will walk in all of the benefits and I will be accountable at the end of the day. I praise you Lord, for you are good and worthy of all praise. You are good, and your mercy endures forever.” I also align myself with the second verse of Psalm 107. My advice to all believers, do what Psalms 107:2 instructs you to do. “Let the redeemed of the Lord say so.” Tell people, my friends. Tell them what God has done for you. Are you the redeemed of the Lord or not? If you are, say so. Now, I'm not talking about pride or arrogance, but humility for what God has done in your life.

So, who do I say this to, Bro. Bob? That answer is anyone who will listen to you. There are so many people who will be able to relate to your testimony. I love to talk to persons with drinking problems. Why? Because I once had the same problem. Not only did I stop drinking alcohol, but later on, I was completely delivered from the spirit of alcoholism. A spirit which was sent from the pit of hell to destroy me. But now, that evil spirit is dead to me. When persons with alcohol problems hear what God did for me, it gives them hope.

One of the main things that prevent people from turning to God is their fear of hopelessness. Nothing has worked, and to them, if God doesn't work for them, nothing is left. Their solution, which by the way is the wrong solution, is not to turn to God for help, but to turn away from him. Your testimony or story may be the one thing that gives them hope and causes them to turn to God through his son, Jesus Christ. So, once again, my friends, say it loudly – I am the redeemed of the Lord! Tell people!! What God has done for me, he can do for you. Praise God, for he is worthy to be praised.

We are talking about praise this week. Oftentimes, we as believers dwell on the problems of life. It seems praise is not only out of place, but even impossible to do. The heaviness of bad relationships, money problems, sickness and disease have us bowed over. Praise to God seems impossible to do at these times, doesn't it? Here is something to think about church. Praise to God is never out of place, nor is it ever impossible to do. It is a choice. Defeat or praise. Your choice, my friends – choose now.

As a preacher of the gospel, I sort of feel like Isaiah, proclaiming positive things into dire situations is not easy to do, but oftentimes necessary. Turn with me to Isaiah 61:1-3. I echo the sentiments of Isaiah.

“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; He hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; to proclaim that acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.”
Our heavenly Father is glorified when we praise him. Are not the words of the above scriptures beautiful, church? This is what the redeemed of the Lord should say and proclaim to all the people of the world. It will bless believers and it will draw the lost to Jesus. People need to know there is a garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. The spirit of heaviness is not of God and should be and must be cast out by the redeemed of the Lord in Jesus Name.

Just a word of caution, my friends. When you first replace heaviness with the garment of praise, that garment may not feel like it fits correctly, but it truly does. The more you display the praise garment, the better it fits. So start now, folks. Praise the Lord with all that is in you. God will love you for it and you will be delivered from the jaws of depression, fear and defeat.

Now, just a note to apprise you of what is going on here. I will be away from my desk, and my computer technician, Justin Rocque, for the next two weeks. Therefore, we will replay two of our previous messages, only with audio this time. How do we do this? I have written two messages. Last week's and this week's message were composed on Friday, August 6th and Saturday, August 7th. Next week and the following week's messages will be replays, with the audio being added as of August 8th.

My goal is always to be honest and upfront with you. My mission is to always give you the words of life and truth that God gives to me. Please tune in the next two weeks. I promise you will not be disappointed. Even though I will be in Michigan, I will be able to retrieve all e-mails. So feel free to e-mail me at BrotherBob@TheSpiritofWisdom.org with any prayer requests. I promise to pray daily for all prayer requests.

To conclude. Remember my friends, let the redeemed of the Lord say so. Always praise the Lord and share your gift of salvation with others. They need you!!

God Bless You,
Bro. Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment