Sunday, June 27, 2010

AND I DO MEAN “ALL”





This has been an interesting past few weeks, hasn't it? We've taught on healing and how it relates to today and a three part series with the titles that sum it all up “Healing is for Today” Parts 1,2 and 3. Then we put out a call to the churches in the land apply titled “Come Back Home Church, Come back Home,” a return to the most simple, yet most effective message: Jesus Christ and him crucified; the message of redemption and eternal life. Finally last week, a Fathers' Day Message – calling out to all Dads – put your families first in the earth. Love them, provide for them and most important of all: Teach them about Jesus and the ways of God. Introduce them to the instruction book of life (the Bible), read it with them. I guarantee you'll never regret it.

Have you missed some or all of these message? I urge you to go back and read or listen to them all. They are designed to lift up Jesus and thereby designed to lift you up. Jesus said “Lift me up, I will draw all men to me.” Tell you what, let's look at the scripture together and get the exact words of Jesus in John 12:32:

“And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.”
Notice the word “if” in this scripture. I have told you in the past when reading your Bible circle every if, but or lest. They always signify a condition or result of the scripture you are reading. In this case, Jesus could have just as easily have said “If you don't lift me up, I won't draw anybody to me,” couldn't he? Thank God, that's not what he said.

The entire reason for this 24/7, week long, online church service is to lift up Jesus, so he will draw all of you to him. Is it any wonder then, that we always welcome everyone to this place? God impressed on me to exclude no one from the gospel of Jesus Christ.

You know, if we as Christians really spread the gospel in love, God will have us talk with people we don't even like. I mean, let's be real here. Chances are, if you don't like alcoholics, God will put them in your life. Why? To judge and condemn them? No my friends, a thousand times no!! But to save them!! To share the love of Jesus with them. That goes for homosexuals, gamblers, prideful people, thieves, liars and anyone else you perceive to be ungodly. Notice, I said “perceive.” Only God knows what is in the hearts of men.

As an evangelist, I can't afford to exclude anyone from the gospel. All right, back to the basics. John 3:16-17:

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”
Did you get that, my friends? If Jesus didn't come to condemn the world, but to save it, why should we as believers be any different than Jesus? My burden is for the lost and those who have walked away from Jesus after salvation. I understand there are ministries that focus on the gifts. Many good preachers emphasize different parts of the Bible. I am not being critical of them. God bless them in their work.

When I see a Muslim, my concern is not whether they are a terrorist or not, but how can I share Jesus with them. Same with anyone who belongs to a religion that doesn't preach Jesus and him crucified. How can I reach them with the gospel of Jesus Christ? It's time to forget our prejudices and viewpoints about people and look at them from God's point of view. Jesus taught love, compassion, mercy and grace while on the earth. We are to do the same. We are not to speak love while practicing hate. Our position should not be preaching compassion, yet showing only contempt for the situation people are bound up in. Am I making myself clear here? Telling people about God's mercy and grace while showing no mercy and closing the church doors to those the Savior came to this world to save, is not only wrong, it is an abomination.

Jesus came to this earth to die for us. To be beaten, crowned with a bed of thorns that dug into his scalp, nails pounded into each hand, and a spike through his feet. Stabbed in his side with a spear, given vinegar to drink in place of water when thirsty. Death on a cross, yet saying: “Forgive them Father, they know not what they do.” You say – where is that, Brother Bob? Turn with me to Luke 23:34:

“Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment and casts lots.”
My point is this: Jesus did not do all this so that the people who accept his free gift of salvation would act just the opposite of him and his teachings. You know believers, we were once the lost that many Christians looked upon and condemned. But thank God, there were those who looked past our ungodly flaws and they were able to see what God saw – a lost soul floundering in the sea of life; unlovable and a nuisance to most, but a delight to God. At long last, a believer who really was carrying on the work of Jesus. Let's be like that person.

You know, the scripture in Romans 5:8 states:

“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
Church, let's do the same as Christ did for us. Let's die to self with all our faults, prejudices and hatreds and let's be who Jesus died for us to be. Saved, loving, caring ambassadors of the Kingdom of Heaven, sharing the love of God with all, and I do mean ALL!!

God Bless you,
Bro. Bob

Prayer Request: I need serious prayer warriors to pray urgently and with purpose for Kathleen Warren. Kathleen has a court date of July 7, 2010, the result of which could change the course of her life. This ministry is praying for favor for Kathleen and we ask you to agree with us in that prayer. Please do not procrastinate on this; start today.

1 comment:

  1. This is foundational for the Love of God to be shown through us by His Compassion, Mercy and Grace.

    The Bibe say's 1 John 2:8-11
    (The Message)7-8My dear friends, I'm not writing anything new here. This is the oldest commandment in the book, and you've known it from day one. It's always been implicit in the Message you've heard. On the other hand, perhaps it is new, freshly minted as it is in both Christ and you—the darkness on its way out and the True Light already blazing!

    9-11Anyone who claims to live in God's light and hates a brother or sister is still in the dark. It's the person who loves brother and sister who dwells in God's light and doesn't block the light from others. But whoever hates is still in the dark, stumbles around in the dark, doesn't know which end is up, blinded by the darkness.

    Keep preaching Dad,
    Love David

    ReplyDelete