Sunday, November 29, 2009

THE LORD GOD IS OUR STRENGTH

I'm sure by now most of the leftovers are gone. We certainly hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I hope your time with family and friends were fun and something to be thankful for. Welcome back to your 24/7, week long online church service. Everyone is welcome in this place.

We pray your holiday was filled with true thanksgiving for all of the blessings God has provided you during this past year. What a great God we serve!

As we enter the rest of the holiday season, let us always put God first. Let us always look to Him for guidance and direction. The past holiday (Thanksgiving) reminded us of how thankful we should be for our God and what He has done for us through His Son Jesus Christ.

You know, as we go forth during this year and next and beyond, we must not only give thanks, but we must always be mindful of who our strength is and who our praise should be directed to. By being thankful and walking in praise, our strength will see us through everything we have to face now and in the future. Let's look at the written Word of God for direction. Who is our strength? Psalms 28:7.

“The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.”

You know, often times I would ask God to give me strength, not realizing strength doesn't come from outside but from within. God is my strength and I pray God is your strength. Because our hearts trust in Him, we are helped. Anyone need any help out there? Because we know this help comes from our heavenly Father, why wouldn't we greatly rejoice in Him? And yes, my friends, we will praise Him forever and forever. Praise is the key to success in the upcoming New Year. Psalms 29:11 backs this up.

“The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace.”

Think about what this is saying. God is our strength and the above scripture says He shares His strength with us. Therefore, we must conclude God shares Himself with us. Is God great or what?? Our heavenly Father is worthy of all our praise. Glory be to God!!

Our prayer for you, my friends, is that God reveals Himself to you in a mighty way. That He gives you eyes to see and ears to hear. God is a present time God. He is not just a thought, or a God of history. He is and wants to be your strength in this present time and place. One burden I carry is for professed believers who either do not know, have been deceived, or choose to ignore that our heavenly Father desires us to receive His spiritual help in their present time problems of life.

It is so bad that even some major denominations and preachers do not preach the hope that God provides for today. What are your problems of life? Is it financial? Is it your family life, joblessness, sickness? Is it doubt and unbelief? Do you get the drift, my friends? If you listen to many believers today, you would think there was no present time help from God at all. Truthfully, I know believers who will not even ask God for help, because in truth they do not have faith to believe He will answer their prayer. What a shame! What a disgrace! What a lie from the pit of hell! Turn with me to Psalms 46:1.

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”

That is not me saying this, my friends. That is the Word of God!! God is our refuge, a place of safety to turn to, but most of all a very present help in trouble. What is the matter with these preachers who do not preach this? Jesus died on that cross for the joy that was set before Him. What was that joy, my good people? The answer – it was us – redeemed and set free from sin and death. Let's take a look at Hebrews 12:2.

“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.”

Jesus is the source of all of our help. Why anyone would teach or believe that His sacrifice was not sufficient enough for us to believe that God is with us in this present time is beyond me. My friends, Jesus said “It is finished.” God is here today to help you just as He always has been. Salvation is for you today. Healing is for you today. Deliverance from evil spirits is here for you today. Financial help is here for you today. Help with your family situation is here for you today. God is the same today as He was in the beginning. He is all sufficient for you. Turn to Him this day in your time of need. Believe what He says in His Word is true, and praise Him in all things. Psalms 40:1-4 helps sum it all up.

“I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me and heard my cry. (That is our God!) He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings (Through His Word) and he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: Many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord. Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.”

There it is, my friends. Don't believe the lies. God is here for you in every area of your life if you believe and trust Him. What does it mean to trust in Him? Turn to Habakkuk 3:17.

“Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labor of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.”

This scripture says no matter what, trust God. So what do you say? How about saying “My God, I believe you and I trust you and I praise you all the days of my life. Amen!!”

God Bless You,
Bro. Bob

Prayer Request: My wife Vicki and I are traveling this weekend. Please pray for a safe trip home. We will be praying for each of you that are also traveling this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. BIG AMEN FROM AMEN CORNER, KEEP PREACH'N!

    David

    ReplyDelete